Whats it worth? kt100

Toad

Recently purchased a kart that had never been raced or fired up. Has a Buller kt100 on it. KB600 pipe. L&T wet clutch. Wondering what this engine, pipe, and clutch package is worth? No where to run it in my area.

Attachments

• 20240324_114528(0).jpg
    20240324_114528(0).jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20240324_114118.jpg
    20240324_114118.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 58
  • 20240323_184026.jpg
    20240323_184026.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 59
What’s the bore size ? Good Yamahas are hard to find. There are a lot of basket cases out there - yours looks to be a clean buy.

no stamp in the piston, from the limited pics looks like it may be a buller chassis from the seat struts and stub for the nerfs

no stamp in the piston, from the limited pics looks like it may be a buller chassis from the seat struts and stub for the nerfs
It's a Buller Aero LT, this person bought it new, with a new KT100. Never raced it, never started it.

Recently purchased a kart that had never been raced or fired up. Has a Buller kt100 on it. KB600 pipe. L&T wet clutch. Wondering what this engine, pipe, and clutch package is worth? No where to run it in my area.
I'm interested in the kart/engine package. I PM'ed you my number please call me. Thanks

Can be worth a lot for a simple reason: they do not make Yamahas anymore, not even in Japan, so there are many parts for them around to be run for many years, but everything in the current market is expensive, and a new engine much more.

Yes, to above, but also: KT's are dinosaurs, and you can buy them for $500 used all day long. So even a "new" one only has limited market value. The only places they're being raced, and even then only in moderate numbers, are WKA long track road racing, small pockets of local sprint racing, and occasional 2-stroke loving dirt tracks. The value of your package is primarily because its' ALL NEW. But even then, I'd put it at half of retail -- technology and tastes have moved on. I'd value the engine at around $1000-1250, and the chassis at about the same. I'd feel fortunate to get $2500 for the package except to the rare collector, who may be willing to pay more for unmolested specimens. Good luck, and good find!

Last edited:
If it's new and you have room put the whole package away for investment.
10 plus years from now someone wanting a historical piece to race or have will pay thru the nose for it.
If I wasn't so old id want it!

It's also an inflation hedge.

Is this package still available?

Back