Unhappy with my Pursuit

Nope when your watching the race and everyone else looks like they hit a wall up off and loose some momentum, and when you see your kart looks like it explodes and picks up momentum !! That's How
Good Luck
We experienced. That one time . The kart just exploded off the turn . Never new why till now.

We experienced. That one time . The kart just exploded off the turn . Never new why till now.
When All the Stars line up in perfect harmony everything PERFECT , which very seldom happens, but when it does you'll find yourself questioning yourself , if your LEGAL .
In 20 yrs I've only had it happen twice with our own kart , and I've only seen it happen like 4 other times, out of Hundreds, and Hundreds of races, one of them being first time Josh Spicer moved out of Jr 3 into Adult
Flathead at Selinsgrove, anyone there remembers it well !!

When All the Stars line up in perfect harmony everything PERFECT , which very seldom happens, but when it does you'll find yourself questioning yourself , if your LEGAL .
In 20 yrs I've only had it happen twice with our own kart , and I've only seen it happen like 4 other times, out of Hundreds, and Hundreds of races, one of them being first time Josh Spicer moved out of Jr 3 into Adult
Flathead at Selinsgrove, anyone there remembers it well !!
I've got some videos of my son on our Pursuit in Jr3 doing this at quite a few tracks., to the point we were questioned about legality! Its a beautiful thing when it happens!

Me personally I run the rear axle where nick from slack recommends it we won 12 races this year never touching a thing rather than a washer. The pursuit is an awesome kart. We run a lighter class but I know In heaver classes a lot of people run no spacer block and r/f in rear hole. I scaled a few at 400 and the karts were fast and turned awesome. My daughter personally hates the spacer block but most our tracks are bullrings I think it’s preference myself. I seen slacks dominate at 400 it’s got to be set up and tires. Stagger is everything also. Me personally I would be calling Josh or Nick from slack they will get you in the right direction or the dealer it came from

Took our new Elevate to a local track here in FL this weekend and had one of those nights where the stars lined up and the kart was absolutely a rocketship, it exploded off the corners so fast it looked unreal, my son started last in the Pro Heavy 375 heat and was in first by the end of lap 1. Ended up half tracking the entire field in both Medium and Heavy features. I wish you could post videos here on Bobs!

Attachments

• IMG_1286.JPG
    IMG_1286.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 56
I’ve had a Pursuit for a few years now and I’m not at all happy with it. I’ve tried all kinds of setups and seem to be goin no where. I run an open clone class around 26/28 hp @ 400lbs weight . The kart simply doesn’t rotate or turn. I jumped in an older trick chassis as well as a newer phantom and what a difference . So much better. With that being said I’m thinking of selling and trying a new trick lto or perhaps a titlist. Thoughts?
I am right over by Sharon Speedway in Western PA. I would be more than happy to help you whether you’re a customer of mine or not as we gotta keep folks in the sport and racing and even more so, keep you happy if your riding a chassis brand we sell. Not sure who you purchased it from but that don’t matter as I’m more than happy to help if you’d like some help. I am a dealer for Slack also. (I also have customers that ride about every chassis under the sun so we work on/set-up any chassis on the market to help everyone to their capabilities/budgets.)
We will be out of the shop here for a few weeks but your more than welcome to send a text and I will reply as soon as I see it or you can give me a call (if I miss your call just leave a message and I’ll call you back once I’m free) anytime you’d like with any questions.
Tom Dawson
Transfer Tornado Cuts
724-456-3757

Last edited:
I am right over by Sharon Speedway in Western PA. I would be more than happy to help you whether you’re a customer of mine or not as we gotta keep folks in the sport and racing and even more so, keep you happy if your riding a chassis brand we sell. Not sure who you purchased it from but that don’t matter as I’m more than happy to help if you’d like some help. I am a dealer for Slack also. (I also have customers that ride about every chassis under the sun so we work on/set-up any chassis on the market to help everyone to their capabilities/budgets.)
We will be out of the shop here for a few weeks but your more than welcome to send a text and I will reply as soon as I see it or you can give me a call (if I miss your call just leave a message and I’ll call you back once I’m free) anytime you’d like with any questions.
Tom Dawson
Transfer Tornado Cuts
724-456-3757
This has nothing to do with me... but coming from someone who started racing this year, that has experienced the steep learning curve facing anyone new to the sport, its nice to see people like you, trying to help someone out. I personally believe if there were more people doing this, the kart counts would rise very quickly. With so much to learn, and so few willing to help, most people choose to leave the sport all together.

Tom Dawson
Transfer Tornado Cuts
724-456-3757
And when you call Tom don't only focus on the chassis prepare yourself to get tire advise and info .
Good Luck !!

Back